The Neumann TLM 102 is a compact, large-diaphragm studio microphone that offers legendary Neumann sound at an affordable price. It boasts a maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB, which permits the recording of percussion, drums, amps and other very loud sound sources. Quieter instruments also benefit from the TLM 102’s very fast transient response. And when it comes to vocals and speech, the TLM 102 really shines: a slight boost above 6 kHz provides for excellent presence of the voice in the overall mix. Up to 6 kHz, the frequency response is extremely linear, ensuring minimal coloration and a clearly defined bass range.
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic (pressure gradient transducer)
- Compact, smaller-scale Neumann design
- Very high maximum sound pressure level
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry
- Available in two finishes: nickel and matte black